Thursday, May 30, 2013

Home Remedy: A Facial Scrub that ACTUALLY WORKS


Are you a college student who cannot afford to buy facial products anymore? Are you a woman who is looks for “all natural” or “organic” with beauty products? Well I have a face scrub and toner recipe just for you, and to make it better is homemade with things I bet you have in your house right NOW! If not…. To those young women in college, I promise they are cheap!

I have always been interested in home remedies, and it has taken forever for me to find a recipe that works. . . So I wanted to share it with you all!

Supplies:
Measuring Cup – Optional
Measuring Spoon- Optional
Traveling Bottles –Optional

Ingredients:

Organic Honey                                         Brown Sugar (optional)
Olive Oil                                                  Vanilla Extract (optional)
Sugar                                                        Almond Oil (optional)
Lemon (A real one)                                  Cumin (optional)
                                                                 Cinnamon (optional)


I did not post measurements because I estimated everything (which I think works better, because everyone likes a different thickness or thinness of scrub). Deciding if you want to measure all your ingredients out depends on how much you plan on
making, and how you want to make it.  I make my scrubs really … “scruby” or rough because I have slight, oily skin, and I make a lot at once.
A helpful Hint: Be careful when you mix these ingredients because you don’t need as much liquid substances as you think. It takes a lot of sugar to make a scrub. Also: If you have a lot of acne use more sugar and lemon than honey and oil. If you have dry skin, but not a lot of acne use more sugar, oil and honey.

Why I used these ingredients: 
Honey because it is a good moisturizer for the skin. It won’t dry your face out like most Acne facial washes do. It also contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that are good for your skin. Tip: DO NOT use a lot of this, because it does stay sticky (obviously). Now,  I know a lot of people do not carry organic honey in their houses, I didn’t at first. When I first made this I used clover honey and it did the job.

Olive oil moisturizers your skin as well, but it also keeps it young looking. It gives you more of a glow. For women who have wrinkles or are starting to get wrinkles, this will be beneficial to you as well. It reduces the chance of wrinkles, and it helps tighten wrinkles you already have.

I used White Sugar because it is a good exfoliate, and I added Brown Sugar because A) it smells delicious, and B) it contains vitamin B (vitamin b can reduce damage form UV rays), and it is more coarse than regular sugar. The coarseness will help exfoliate harder-to-reach skin cells.

Lemon is a liquid substance that is added because it is acidic, and helps reduce acne. It also helps “dry out” acne you already may have. Now you are probably really confused because I am telling you that this will get rid of acne by drying acne out, but you are also putting honey and olive oil which will moisturize your face. This is where you can change the recipe to your personal taste. If you have a lot of acne use more sugar and lemon than honey and oil. If you have dry skin, but not a lot of acne use more sugar, oil and honey.

Cumin—  Organic. Vitamins C and E are found in this spice which helps maintain healthy skin. Also keeps out infection and blemishes.

Cinnamon— well it smells delicious of course (based on my personal opinion). It also kills bacteria which prevents acne, or other infections.

Vanilla Extract – I’ll be honest with you. . . I put this in here just for the scent, and boy does it make washing my face ten times for refreshing and enjoyable.

Almond Oil – Opens pores to help cleanse away dirt. This also helps remove dark circles from under eyes. 


I hope you all ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment